Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 40

Thread: Jingle Dress OR Fancy Shawl Outfit

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Kathy Henning's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 4th, 2003
    Posts
    200
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have a Kaya question. She is on my wish list. Could you secure the bells on the jingle dress before you put it on Kaya? I have a Christmas sweater and it has a decorations made from sequins. They kept falling off and I loved the sweater. I just sat down, watched a movie on TV and did a few stitches in each sequin.

  2. #2
    Sail-Away
    Guest Sail-Away's Avatar

    Post

    I have gone back and super-secured all of the jingles on Kaya's dress. So, yes, it is somehting you can do.

    I really like the dress and marina thinks it is to die for. If she could have one to wear for Pow-Wow's I know she would wear one. Our "Regalia" is far more complex then Kaya's jingle dress. To us this outfit would be nothing to wear like what we do.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Shawniec's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2004
    Posts
    274
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My DD got Kaya and the Jingle Dress for Christmas. We do love this dress, although I love the fancy shawl dress too! We have not had any problems with the jingles falling off, but my DD does not play too hard with Kaya, and she leaves Kaya in the Jingle Dress most of the time (so there is not a lot of changing going on). I like to hear the jingles make their sound when Kaya dances. She starts to dance every time she gets together with the other girls, although I dare say it looks more like modern dance than like any kind of traditional Native American dance [img]wink.gif[/img] . We'd love to have the fancy shawl outfit some day. You really can't go wrong!
    Shawn

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ January 21, 2005 06:23 AM: Message edited by: Jandjmom ]</font>

  4. #4
    Inactive Member marymax's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 19th, 2004
    Posts
    491
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have both outfits and they are made very well with lots of detail....the shoes although a little hard to put on are beautiful and beaded....for he money you cant get a better deal anywhere for Kaya....The shawl outfit will be Kaya's Christmas dress and the Jingle outfit will be her birthday dress.....I really didnt like these outfits when I saw them in the catalog but you really have to see them in person to appreciate the amount of work put into them....

    mary

  5. #5
    MapleLeaf
    Guest MapleLeaf's Avatar

    Post

    My daughter has the Jingle outfit and she really likes it and like others have mentioned, the shoes are a little hard to put on. None of the bells have fallen off yet but my daughter is very careful with her stuff. She wants to get the Fancy Shawl outfit next. I think both outfits are very beautiful.
    Nia [img]smile.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member brisingamen's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2004
    Posts
    47
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I like both, and am planning to get the Fancy Shawl outfit for Willow Jade. It will be her Halloween costume this year...

    Lori

  7. #7
    Inactive Member MaryCarly's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 20th, 2004
    Posts
    1,010
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    My little Kaya has been in her original dress for over a year now. I would like to get her another outfit, but I am torn between the Jingle Dress and the Fancy Shawl Outfit. Can anyone give me reviews or tips that could help me decide?

    Thanks!
    Mary

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Aunt Cornelia's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 2nd, 2004
    Posts
    363
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well, we don't actually have either one, but I've heard that the jingles fall off of the Jingle outfit and I just saw the Fancy Shawl outfit in person at an AG book club that my dds went to a few days ago and it was gorgeous! (how's that for a long sentence, lol?)

    I never thought I'd be interested in Kaya's modern clothes, but I sure did a double-take and thought again on this one. The colors were just beautiful...so bright and just so much fabric. The little shoe covers were so cute, too. It looked like a very well-made outfit.

    Susan

  9. #9
    Sail-Away
    Guest Sail-Away's Avatar

    Post

    Well, we have the jingle dress. I really LOVE it. I am thinking of getting the fancy shawl outfit too.

    Like all of Kaya's slippers, they all are tough to get on and laced. I relaly like the white ones with the jingle dress. They are so pretty! The only real issue I have with the jingle dress is that with enough play the bells start to come off. It really isn't a play dress. We have had this happen and I was able to secure them back on. Most people have not had problems returning it ang getting new ones.

    I love the jingle dress and would tell you to get it for yourself. if it is for a girl get the shawl dress.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member nicolej's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 25th, 2003
    Posts
    167
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I would pick the Fancy Shawl Outfit. The colours are so bright and festive - the red is nice for Xmas celebrations and Valentine's. The shawl is heavy and the fringe is lovely. There are so many parts to this outfit that you can mix and match or wear just some of them. The beaded hair thingys and scarf holder are really nice.
    The jingle dress is a little wierd to me. It looks uncomfortable - like walking around with tin cans attached to your dress. I've also heard they come off easily. It just doesn't look like someone would LIKE to be in this outfit - but the Fancy Shawl one has lots of really nice parts to it that look fun and comfortable to wear. (I can't believe I am talking about a doll being comfortable in its clothes!!! LOL [img]wink.gif[/img] )

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •